General
Hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls released unharmed following armed mass kidnapping, says state’s governor
Hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls abducted last week from a boarding school in the north-western Zamfara state have been released.
Key points:
- Gunmen kidnapped more than 300 Nigerian schoolgirls on Friday
- The girls were freed unharmed and will be reunited with their families
- Witnesses say the gunmen also attacked a nearby military camp to prevent soldiers from responding
An armed gang abducted 317 girls from the Government Girls Science Secondary (GGSS) School in the town of Jangebe at around 1:00am on Friday.
Zamfara State Governor Bello Matawalle announced the news on Twitter.
“Alhamdulillah! It gladdens my heart to announce the release of the abducted students of GGSS Jangebe from captivity,” Governor Matawalle said.
“This follows the scaling…
-
Business23 hours ago1 Australian stock you’ll probably kick yourself for not owning a decade from now
-
General12 hours agoToni Lamond, known for her roles in Annie Get Your Gun and My Fair Lady, dies aged 93
-
Business23 hours ago3 of the best ASX ETFs to build significant wealth
-
Noosa News23 hours agoUnsettled weekend ahead in south-east Queensland, with ‘pretty much nowhere’ without chance of thunderstorms
