General
Coronavirus vaccine participant in UQ and CSL trials says they were warned of HIV false positive risk
A participant in the University of Queensland and CSL coronavirus vaccine trial says he is disappointed the program has been scrapped given it was showing signs it would be successful.
Key points:
- The vaccine trial has been abandoned after people returned false positive tests for HIV
- One participant, Phil, says everyone was warned that was a risk before they began the trial
- Brendan Murphy says the number of people who returned false positive test was unexpected
Phil, 38, lives in Brisbane and said he put his hand up to be part of the trial because he wanted to do whatever he could to help the fight against the virus.
He told AM he found out the trial had been cancelled when a friend messaged him on Friday morning.
He said he was still…
-
General16 hours agoToni Lamond, known for her roles in Annie Get Your Gun and My Fair Lady, dies aged 93
-
General17 hours agoPolice continue search for missing man Chris Thorne in Melbourne’s west
-
General22 hours agoLiberals go back to basics after crawling to year’s end
-
General23 hours agoOscar Piastri fastest qualifier for Qatar F1 sprint race, with championship leader Lando Norris third
