Noosa News
Fourth Zillmere murder accused granted bail amid judge’s rebuke

Mr Callaghan said the case argued against Mr Majok related to his “presence near some cars” observed at scene. One – owned by someone he knew – had his fingerprint and blood on it, which could have been put there “anytime”.
The potential use of his phone “absent” any proof it had been in his possession and a gash on his forehead were also put forward by prosecutors as part of the bail application, heard by the Queensland Supreme Court in Brisbane on Wednesday.
“There is no direct evidence of him playing an active part in anything,” Mr Callaghan said, adding there was a “real danger” in the assertions giving hope and false expectations to alleged victims and the broader community.
He granted Mr Majok bail on conditions including that he…
-
General18 hours ago
Internal Revenue Service starts cutting 20,000 workers
-
Noosa News18 hours ago
Man killed, woman seriously injured in collision in Wongabel, Atherton Tablelands, Queensland
-
Noosa News18 hours ago
Helicopter pilots saving lives, providing food and fodder in flooded outback Queensland
-
Noosa News22 hours ago
’Lethal new opioids’ prompt Wide Bay pill testing call