Business
Victorian officials stopped using COVIDSafe app as second wave grew – The Sydney Morning Herald
Victorian officials stopped using the federal government’s COVIDSafe app for several weeks during a time of huge pressure on authorities to trace people infected with the coronavirus.

This led in turn to another 544 additional people who had been exposed to the coronavirus.
The secretary of the federal Department of Health, Brendan Murphy, told a Senate inquiry on Wednesday that Victorian officials had stopped using the app for a time.
“I think in Victoria, for a period of time, they were feeling so pressured that they decided not to use the app,” Professor Murphy said.
“They tried it initially in the outbreak. The community that were involved had a low download rate, and …
-
Noosa News20 hours ago
Helicopter pilots saving lives, providing food and fodder in flooded outback Queensland
-
Noosa News23 hours ago
’Lethal new opioids’ prompt Wide Bay pill testing call
-
General19 hours ago
Internal Revenue Service starts cutting 20,000 workers
-
Noosa News19 hours ago
Man killed, woman seriously injured in collision in Wongabel, Atherton Tablelands, Queensland