Health
Victoria ditched COVIDSafe app but is using it again – ZDNet
Secretary of the Department of Health Dr Brendan Murphy says the state previously saw no value in it and was under intense pressure due to the surge in cases.

Former Australian chief medical officer and now Secretary of the Department of Health, Dr Brendan Murphy, has told the Senate Select Committee on COVID-19 that Victoria had previously ditched using Australia’s contact-tracing COVIDSafe app.
“For a period of time, they were feeling so pressured that they decided not to use the app,” Murphy said on Tuesday morning.
The former CMO reasoned that this was due to the state being under the pump, in addition to the coronavirus outbreak occurring in …
-
General15 hours ago
‘We are here for you’: PM to bring help to flood zones
-
General14 hours ago
We’ve all talked about potential economic consequences for Australia of Trump’s policies. Now they’re happening
-
Noosa News21 hours ago
Students say new facility would be better in rural areas of Queensland
-
General12 hours ago
‘I can’t start at zero now’: Aussies call for clarity after super cyber attack