Noosa News
Photograph of original St John’s Church, Brisbane (on the site of current Queen …

Photograph of original St John’s Church, Brisbane (on the site of current Queen and George Streets – on the western side of Queen Street towards North Quay). This originally was the site of a lumber yard and convict workshop established by 1827. In the building, the prisoners followed trades including soap and candle-making, carpentry and cooperage. The workshop building was altered in 1842 and used by the Church of England (Anglican) community for a church. After the new St John’s Pro Cathedral opened in 1854, occasional services were still held in this old church. The building still served as a Church of England day school and a public lecture hall. The building was finally demolished circa 1902. Courtesy of Redland Museum.
-
Noosa News19 hours ago
Moreton Bay oyster farm survives cyclone with help of wave wall innovation
-
Business22 hours ago
$10,000 invested in ANZ shares 5 years ago is now worth…
-
Noosa News21 hours ago
Helicopter pilots saving lives, providing food and fodder in flooded outback Queensland
-
General20 hours ago
Internal Revenue Service starts cutting 20,000 workers