Health
NHS moving to highest alert level to cope with ‘substantial increase in desperately sick patients’ – Yorkshire Live
Chief executive Sir Simon Stevens said that the national lockdown would mean the health service will not need to cancel routine operations

The NHS will move to its highest alert level from midnight tonight following an announcement from its chief executive today (November 4).
Speaking at a press conference at London Imperial College, Sir Simon Stevens said the measure is in preparation for a “serious situation ahead”.
Non-coronavirus treatment is expected to be affected should the number of cases and hospital admissions surge in the near future.
Earlier today, Sir Simon said there had been a very substantial increase in desperately…
-
Noosa News21 hours ago
Moreton Bay oyster farm survives cyclone with help of wave wall innovation
-
Business23 hours ago
$10,000 invested in ANZ shares 5 years ago is now worth…
-
Noosa News22 hours ago
Helicopter pilots saving lives, providing food and fodder in flooded outback Queensland
-
General22 hours ago
Internal Revenue Service starts cutting 20,000 workers