Connect with us

General

New coronavirus case linked to Parafield cluster tested negative twice, SA health authorities say

Published

on



A new case of coronavirus has been identified as part of South Australia’s Parafield cluster, bringing the total number of associated cases to 27.

The woman is a member of a large family group, many of whom contracted the disease at a recent gathering.

South Australian Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said the woman had been in quarantine since last Monday and had returned two negative tests before testing positive this morning.

Almost 9,000 tests were undertaken in South Australia yesterday.

More than 4,000 people are quarantining and one person — a man in his 30s — remains in hospital.

Professor Spurrier said it took eight days for the virus to incubate in the woman’s body.



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending