General
Lawyer for woman at centre of historical rape allegation welcomes Cabinet Minister’s public statement
A lawyer who represented the woman who made a rape allegation against a Cabinet Minister says it is important that the man speaks publicly today.
Key points:
- The Cabinet Minister is expected to give a statement on Wednesday morning
- An anonymous letter sent to several parliamentarians has alleged he raped a 16-year-old girl in 1988
- Yesterday, NSW Police said its investigation into the matter was closed
Sources within the government say the minister is likely to break his silence today to make a statement and take several questions from journalists.
It is understood he will not step down and will strongly deny any wrongdoing.
An anonymous letter, sent to several members of Parliament last week, alleged a 16-year-old girl was raped in 1988 by a…
-
General23 hours agoToni Lamond, known for her roles in Annie Get Your Gun and My Fair Lady, dies aged 93
-
General24 hours agoPolice continue search for missing man Chris Thorne in Melbourne’s west
-
General24 hours agoPauline Hanson proves we have a two-tier senate
-
General7 hours agoFormer truck driver’s garage memorabilia collection sold to Westonia to drive tourism
