Technology
Huawei to halve smartphones made in 2021, says report – The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette
Huawei is expecting to make less than half the smartphones it made last year. Andrew Hoyle/CNET Huawei has reportedly told suppliers that orders for its

Huawei is expecting to make less than half the smartphones it made last year.
Andrew Hoyle/CNET
Huawei has reportedly told suppliers that orders for its smartphones will drop by around 60% in 2021. The drop in expected phone shipments from 189 million in 2020 down to 70 million in 2021 is a result of sanctions against the Chinese smartphone maker in the US, Nikkei reported Thursday.
Huawei’s phones are hugely popular globally but aren’t sold in the US. Huawei was blacklisted in 2019 when it was…
-
Noosa News24 hours ago
Australian growers expect to benefit from US tariffs as Trump’s trade war angers markets
-
Noosa News21 hours ago
Disaster relief packages announced for flood-stricken western Queensland
-
Noosa News23 hours ago
How to get the most from potted citrus and when they’ll fruit
-
General23 hours ago
Peter Dutton partially walks back public service work-from-home vow