General
German prosecutors say there’s evidence of cannibalism in Berlin man’s murder

German prosecutors have said there is evidence of “cannibalism” in the killing of a 44-year-old man whose remains were found in a forest on the northern edge of Berlin earlier this month.
Key points:
- Police in Berlin have arrested a 41-year-old man over the murder of another man
- A local prosecutor says there is evidence that cannibalism could be involved in the killing
- The two men, both Germans, had been in contact with each other online
A 41-year-old man was arrested on Thursday at his home, close to the site where the victim’s bones were found.
He was arrested on suspicion of murder with sexual motives.
Berlin prosecutors’ office spokesman Martin Steltner said the suspect had “an interest in cannibalism”.
“He searched online for the topic,”…
-
Business24 hours ago
ASX 200 plunges as US tariffs fall-out continues
-
General13 hours ago
‘We are here for you’: PM to bring help to flood zones
-
Noosa News23 hours ago
Police to get on-the-spot protection powers for DV victims
-
General12 hours ago
We’ve all talked about potential economic consequences for Australia of Trump’s policies. Now they’re happening