Connect with us

Noosa News

Fourth Zillmere murder accused granted bail amid judge’s rebuke

Published

on

Mr Callaghan said the case argued against Mr Majok related to his “presence near some cars” observed at scene. One – owned by someone he knew – had his fingerprint and blood on it, which could have been put there “anytime”.

The potential use of his phone “absent” any proof it had been in his possession and a gash on his forehead were also put forward by prosecutors as part of the bail application, heard by the Queensland Supreme Court in Brisbane on Wednesday.

“There is no direct evidence of him playing an active part in anything,” Mr Callaghan said, adding there was a “real danger” in the assertions giving hope and false expectations to alleged victims and the broader community.

He granted Mr Majok bail on conditions including that he…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending