Connect with us

Noosa News

Forgotten power plant that sits below Barron Falls

Published

on



The underground hydro power station was a Queensland first when it opened in 1935 after three years of arduous work, but was first mooted 30 years earlier. Residences and a mess hall on the eastern side of the river, some of which still remain, housed up to 100 workers who were charged with the mammoth task of digging a control room into the side of the mountain and a pipeline from diversion dams at the top of the falls to turbines housed underground.

MORE…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending