Health
Concern over ‘very small’ number of payouts to stop aged care staff working across homes – The Age
A federal scheme set up after Victoria’s deadly aged care COVID-19 surge has paid grants to just 33 nursing home operators.

In a letter to Aged Care Minister Richard Colbeck on Wednesday, the union demanded the process be changed so aged care workers could apply for the funding themselves.
Whether it be through complacency, lack of incentive, or sheer ambivalence is unclear employers are simply not making these applications on behalf of their employees, union secretary Diana Asmar wrote.
Ms Asmar said Commonwealth bureaucrats last year told an aged care taskforce that grant applications were trickling in at a rate of…
Continue Reading