General
Venezuelan soldiers killed civilians, say asylum seekers who fled to Colombia
Venezuelans fleeing to Colombia to escape clashes between the Venezuelan military and irregular armed groups have accused soldiers of abuses, including killing civilians.
Key points:
- Venezuela’s Defence Minister said two Venezuelan soldiers and six “terrorists” had been killed
- The defence ministry accused Colombia and the US of supporting the foreign combatants
- Venezuela’s chief prosecutor said the reports of abuses were under investigation
The flow of refugees, estimated at 4,000 by an official in Colombia’s Arauquita Municipality, began on Sunday after Venezuela’s National Bolivarian Armed Forces (FANB) launched an offensive against illegal armed groups in La Victoria, a Venezuelan town across the Arauca River from Arauquita.
Venezuela…
Continue Reading
-
Business19 hours ago1 Australian stock you’ll probably kick yourself for not owning a decade from now
-
Business19 hours agoIs this the best ASX ETF to diversify your portfolio with?
-
Noosa News12 hours agoPeregian Square revitalised | Noosa Today
-
General19 hours agoUsman Khawaja describes Perth Stadium pitch for first Ashes Test as ‘piece of shit’
