Sport
Tokyo Olympics has ‘no Plan B’ and will go ahead in 2021, IOC head says – ABC News
International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach reaffirms his commitment to holding the Tokyo Olympics this year, saying there is “no Plan B” for the showpiece…
International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach has reaffirmed his commitment to holding the Tokyo Olympics this year, saying there was “no Plan B” for the showpiece sporting event.
Key points:
- The Tokyo Games are set to begin on July 23
- Mr Bach said there was no reason to believe the Games would not go ahead
- Japan recently declared a COVID-19 state of emergency in several regions including Tokyo
After the Games were postponed last year because of the global novel coronavirus pandemic, Saturday…
Continue Reading
-
General22 hours agoQantas terminal at Melbourne Airport evacuated and flights delayed due to fire
-
General19 hours agoHome of Andrii Yermak, Zelenskyy’s chief of staff, raided by anti-corruption unit
-
General9 hours agoProtecting victims of explicit AI content online
-
General20 hours agoICC rejects plea to release Philippine ex-president Rodrigo Duterte
