Connect with us

Noosa News

Council forced to approve controversial transport depot on polo ground

Published

on

The council rejected it over concerns around flooding, traffic and access, biodiversity and waterway impacts and the scale of the site.

BMI executive David Evans told Brisbane Times last year the site would not become a waste transfer station but would be a transport depot.

The council was taken to court last year over the rejection, starting a lengthy legal process before both parties negotiated an approved development with 56 different conditions in August.

In Tuesday’s council meeting, opposition leader Jared Cassidy asked Cr Adams why the council agreed to negotiate a resolution in court after rejecting, and publicly decrying, the application.

Cr Adams said the LNP administration was “frustrated” by the final approval but the council…



Click here to view the original article.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending